Welcome to the 80th minute! - The 80th Minute!

The 80th minute in a football game is the moment that I really believe that my bet can be won or that I just loose all faith in it! On this website, you will find most of my bets, record keeping and general sports betting information!

Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Welcome to the 80th minute!

Well I have been blogging on and off for years. Mostly about sports betting. I could wake up those blogs out of hibernation again, but I do feel that it is time for a fresh start!

A fresh start? 

Yes and No. I will cross post some of my blog post on other media, like steemit, hive, publish0X and Scorum. But I do have the feeling that if I want to be taken serious I will also need my own dedicated blog! I was doubting between creating another blogspot blog or to make the fresh start at wordpress. But I have decided to start here!

The name of the blog?

I was thinking about a new nickname and a name for my blog! All fancy nicks and blog name were of course already taken. So I did have to dig some deeper!

I did go for the 80th Minute. The 80th minute in a football game is for me personally the time that I do start really believing that my bet could be won, or that I am more or less loosing all faith in the game.

It is also the minute that teams really try to defend a lead or really start chasing that equalizer or winning goal! Due to this also the moment that the opponent really starts to waste some time.

To be honest I really the name. For sure from a betting perspective!

What can you expect?

Well nothing more or less than my journey into becoming a profitable sports bettor! Would be great if I can achieve this. I do think that I do have the capabilities to pull this off, but all punters do start with this idea. However I do have a head start on most of them. I do know most pitfalls already, because I stepped into the with the eyes wide open!

My 2 biggest pitfalls were combo betting and a lack of discipline! And maybe also gambling on too many sports and competitions! 

Record keeping was never an issue because I did that, but all previous sheets are lost! So I had to start over again. I did start record keeping from the beginning of October 2020.

I will restrict myself to single bets and will focus mainly on the Jupiler Pro League and the top 5 competitions from Europe. At the moment I do have 3 bookies which I am using. 2 approved traditional bookies in my country and copytip. So you can expect weekly betting record. And yes, even if it was a loosing week!

I will also try to write some articles about strategies, tools I am using and stuff like that. But due to the fact that I am not a great writer that won't happen very often!

What shouldn't you expect?

Well preview and bets in advance. I may or may not, tweet about a bet. But I don't have any intention to become a tipster. The reason is that this is very time consuming. Time which could be very well used for other things in my life. I also have to be honest to myself and probably not a lot of people will read my blog nor tips!

So that is enough for a start! I will put some more effort into pimping the layout of the blog.

Cheers,
The 80th Minute!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Top 10 Mistakes that Sports Bettors Should Avoid

 Sports betting can be a fun and exciting way to add an extra level of excitement to your favorite games and events. However, it can also be...